Ten innovative companies have been named 2019 New Energy Pioneers by BloombergNEF (BNEF) at a summit in New York.
Winners at the BNEF summit include companies spearheading game changing products in EV charging and manufacturing processes. We have featured a couple of them before on these pages. French startup, NAVYA, for its driverless transport systems; and Zunum Aero, a pioneering startup striving to shake up of the regional travel system in America using hybrid-electric aircrafts.
Here is a link to – and blurb on – the 10, provided by BNEF:
- CarbonCure (Canada) provides a method of utilizing captured CO2 in concrete manufacturing to both improve its structural properties and reduce its environmental impact.
- Desktop Metal (U.S.) manufactures one of the fastest 3D printing systems on the market for the mass production of high-resolution metal parts.
- Metron (France) provides an AI-driven IIoT (industrial internet of things) platform that optimizes energy usage for industrial facilities.
- Navya (France) is the leading developer of low-speed autonomous shuttles.
- Nozomi Networks (U.S.) offers cybersecurity for industrial control systems using machine-learning techniques to detect anomalies.
- Sunfolding (U.S.) has invented new motor-free solar trackers resulting in faster installation of solar panels at lower costs.
- Ubitricity (U.K.) has developed a unique smart electricity cable for EV charging which leads to a much smaller and more affordable charging spot.
- Uptake (U.S.) has developed an AI platform to predict and prevent the breakdown of industrial and energy assets to increase productivity, reliability, efficiency and safety.
- Zero Mass Water (U.S.) sells a HydropanelTM which uses sunlight to generate water out of thin air.
- Zunum Aero (U.S.) is an aerospace company which develops hybrid and fully electric airplanes aimed at short and medium haul flights.